Monday, January 15, 2007

Chinese Food

There is nothing like having some really tasty Chinese food. Yesterday, during our cookie baking fun, we ordered some Chinese food for an early dinner because all we had had to eat up to that point was donuts and cookies. Andrew and I haven’t ordered Chinese food at home since probably last New Year’s Eve (December 2005, that is). Well, I have to say that I was really pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. I, of course, was a pig and had two egg rolls, kung pao chicken and fried rice!! What was really amazing, though, was the fact that each dish tasted different from each other. You might not think that this is anything to be astonished about but let me tell you, when the only Chinese food you have been eating for the past year has come from a lunch truck that has only one type of sauce, this can be an amazing taste sensation!! It definitely was for me :-) What is pictured is some of the leftovers (the portions were also huge!!) that I had for lunch today. I didn't have any more egg rolls but I did get to have some of my aunt's leftover chicken lo mein...

No comments: